- Hyun & Simon’s wedding in North Carolina
- Lunch Break with Cindy at Bryant Park
- Sweater Beats / Falcons at Bounce Boat
- Sweater Beats / Trippy Turtle at Webster
- Rodrigo and Noah at Noah’s Wedding Reception
Spontaneity is key to a great night. Tasha, Anne, Alex, Gina, & I went to a party in Williamsburg last night with really minimal details. It was at Acme in Brooklyn which is essentially an old warehouse turned studio and event space. We had no idea who was going to be there, what it was all about (other than the fact that I found out about it via @fuerzabrutanyc). We literally got the tickets 2 minutes before the sale closed.
What made this party different? It was definitely the people. Everyone was just so focused on having fun. No sleazy guys. Snowcones with a shot of rum. The cast of Fuerza Bruta. The really awesome DJs. The actual event space.
It’s kind of hard to go back to college parties after a night like that.
(It was only after we got back home and I was surfing the Internet that I found out that it was really a 4th anniversary celebration of Fuerza Bruta.)
There are time where I feel extremely lazy – especially when it’s pouring outside. Despite the fact that I procrastinated the whole day yesterday (it’s just so easy when the weather is dreary), I managed to go across the East River with Heidi, Alby, and Stefan to the Bring to Light Festival in Greenpoint, Brooklyn.
The festival was supposed to start at six. But it was literally pouring outside. The walk from the L-train was very wet, but the closer we got to the event, the rain waned. Very few of the exhibits were set up when we got there so after a quick browse of the area (and a lot of silly pictures) we went for some tea and cookies at a nearby bakery, Cookie Road.
Maybe half an hour later, it was fully dark outside and the festival was in full swing.
Though I procrastinated all weekend long, I don’t really regret it. We did some awesome things this five-day weekend:
- N for Nepalese – except the restaurant was really Tibetan. This was fun even if we had a really large group that made it impossible to talk to another person at the other end of the table. This was also a highlight since it meant milk bar for dessert.
- Free USG Party at District 36 – The DJ was crap. And there are probably some parts of that night that I want to permanently erase from memory. But pregaming that night was just so crazy. Scrambling to find an open liquor store on a Wednesday night, only to fail. Giving in and reluctantly buying three giant bottles of Corona. … Only to sit on a stoop half a block away from the club.
- Girls’ Tea Time – While I love hanging out with the boys, there’s nothing like meeting up with just the girls and having tea at a cute restaurant. 🙂
- Dinner with Alex – and Heidi and Alby. I don’t think I’ve ever eaten so much at a dining hall. I feel a bit disgusting now that I think about how much food I consumed that night. But I couldn’t help it!
This has felt like a never-ending weekend. Too bad that it has to end with me scrambling to finish my homework. 🙁 On the bright side, it’s another five-day weekend for me next week!