Spontaneity is key to a great night. Tasha, Anne, Alex, Gina, & I went to a party in Williamsburg last night with really minimal details. It was at Acme in Brooklyn which is essentially an old warehouse turned studio and event space. We had no idea who was going to be there, what it was all about (other than the fact that I found out about it via @fuerzabrutanyc). We literally got the tickets 2 minutes before the sale closed.
What made this party different? It was definitely the people. Everyone was just so focused on having fun. No sleazy guys. Snowcones with a shot of rum. The cast of Fuerza Bruta. The really awesome DJs. The actual event space.
It’s kind of hard to go back to college parties after a night like that.
(It was only after we got back home and I was surfing the Internet that I found out that it was really a 4th anniversary celebration of Fuerza Bruta.)
With the exception of school on Friday morning, my weekend felt like it started on Thursday. Since I really should stop procrastinating and just get started on my homework, here’s a quick list on what I did this weekend:
- Took my aunt and cousin Andrew on a quick food tour of my favorite places to eat around Union Square: Artichoke and the milk bar.
- Visited Ground Zero on Thursday. It was already a media frenzy!
- Went to Shake Shack at Madison Square Park with Andrew and Eric for the first time in over a year. So yummy!
- Partied it up at Fashion’s Night Out in SoHo with Tasha and Andrew. I can’t believe that there were just endless free drinks everywhere. And food. And live music. It was so much fun! The crowds were crazy. I hadn’t seen so many people in SoHo ever. It felt like New Years Eve but even better because of the free alcohol!
- Met up with Alberto and Heidi when the night was winding down. Made a midnight stop at Artichoke.
- On Friday, after a lot of (un)necessary drama, Andrew and I went to see Fuerza Bruta with Alberto, Heidi and Stefan. This was the fifth or sixth time I saw the show (I’m guessing it is the 5th more than the 6th) and it is always a blast.
- Saturday: Lit Crawl NYC! I had no idea that this event was going on up until Alberto invited me to go along. We went to three different readings last night, and ended it with a trip to Pinkberry.
Fuerza Bruta is wet, wild, and interactive!
Unfortunately for me, I’ve been putting off homework all week so now I have to catch up on everything before tomorrow morning. Back to work…
Well this was such a busy weekend. On top of the studying that I’m trying to accomplish for next week’s finals, Moz was over this weekend. I haven’t seen her in a few months because of school and all so it was a lot of fun.
The first event we tackled was the McQueen for a Night event at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. My friends and I were all expecting the Met to be closed down for the college group specifically, but that didn’t happen. Dressing up eccentrically was a lot of fun even if we got a lot of odd looks on the way there. I really love playing dress up and putting on an obscene amount of make-up. There were loads of people there for the Met event and it really could have been more enjoyable if there were less people. Oh well.
The highlight of the night would have to be the Digital Photobooth that they set up. Of course we all took a bunch of silly pictures!
Other things accomplished:
- Took Moz for the first time to Strand; of course I bought books
- Tried some new items at Max Brenner
- Indulged on Big Gay Ice Cream Truck using my Groupon!
- Experienced Jing Fong on a Saturday night … empty! and they actually had decent table service
- Spied on two Chinese weddings